The Cambridge Philharmonic is back! The chorus will take centre stage for the first half with Janáček’s Six Moravian Choruses and Parry’s Songs of Farewell. The orchestra will then start with Samuel Coleridge Taylor’s sparkling Ballade in A Minor followed by Dvořák’s Symphony No. 9 “From the New World”, one of the best loved symphonies of all time.
JANÁČEK (after Dvořák): Six Moravian Choruses
PARRY: Songs of Farewell
COLERIDGE TAYLOR: Ballade in A minor, op. 33
DVOŘÁK: Symphony No. 9 “From the New World”
Conductor: Timothy Redmond
Chorus Master: Tom Primrose
Cambridge Philharmonic Orchestra & Chorus
Tickets from £12 (Students and under 18s £10 on the door)
Keeping you safe We are looking forward to being back at West Road Concert Hall and will be following their covid-19 guidelines:
- No one should enter the building if they, or anyone in their household, have covid-19 or are showing symptoms
- Face coverings are strongly encouraged to be worn wherever possible
- Suggested one-way systems are in place around the building
- Sanitiser dispensers are located in the foyer and around the building. All visitors are encouraged to use these on arrival and exit
- Doors are pinned open to minimise touchpoints and maximise airflow
- The bar is currently closed
- The air ventilation system is running at 100% fresh air. We recommend wearing an additional layer!
- At the end of the concert, stewards will ensure you are able to exit in a controlled manner.